Sunday, April 22, 2012

Positive Deviance

This weekend Emily and I decided to go positive pranking. Positive pranking is something I learned about on the internet, and in a nutshell, it's doing what people would consider pranks and making them beneficial to other people. I remember one I heard was TPing, when you would put tootsie pops on peoples' lawns instead of toilet paper. So, Emily and I decided to take food out of her pantry and give them to people with positive notes. My favorite was a piece of cheese, wrapped of course, that said, this may be cheesy, but I hope you have a great day! We ding dong ditched people and dropped them off at their doors. A few of the people were good friends, and I few were those kids we've never talked to in class but we happened to know where there houses were...not creepy of us at all. It felt really good to leave someone a message. It also felt really exhilarating to run away after we left the treat on someone's doorstep. At a few of the houses we watched to see the person's reaction, and they were typically very happy and smiley when they saw the gift. It feels good to make someone happy. One of my favorite quotes is, "In finding happiness for others we find it for ourselves", and it leaving treats at people's doors and making them happy, I felt happier.

1 comment: