Friday, April 6, 2012

Un-TV

I found it really hard to watch the TV with the sound off and counting the number of technical events that occurred over ten minutes, but what I found the most challenging was watching the TV when it wasn't even on. I got easily distracted. Staring at the blank screen did not satisfy my eyes or mind so I often looked around and then realized that I had to keep watching the TV. I thought that it meant that I don't like looking at things that are still. I like watching things that move and captivate my attention. I guess that also explains why I have such a hard time at Art Museums looking at things that don't move. I much rather prefer the Planetarium and watching revolving planets. I think as a society we like things that move because it gives us something to follow with our eyes. It also tells us how to feel and what to look at. When we look at things that are still we have to think about what it means and why it looks that way because it is still and the movement that we would see on a TV doesn't automatically tell us how to feel with motions and expressions and sound.

I also noticed that my TV was relatively small and not as high tech as other TV's I've seen. It could use a nice dusting as well.

1 comment: